VIGO's Thatch Specifications
All VIGO's Thatching Lapas and Gazebos consist on the following specifications:
Thatch timber specifications consist of:
- The interior or ceiling; is usually of the client's' choice of Spray (combed clean thatch grass), Cape Reed (darker green in color) or Namib Thatch Reed (lighter green complexion).
- The outer exterior grass used is usually Hypharinia or other approved quality type, straight and clean cut and of low moist content.
- Grass thatch thickness to be between 175- 200mm or else pre-arranged.
- All poles are treated to Tanalith according to SABS approval.
- Main Structure poles are concreted into the ground. Cemented surface is built at an angle allowing water drainage.
- Planting poles used are between 150-200mm diameter, Horizontal Railings are 100mm-125mm and main rafters are 75mm-100mm in diameter. These dimensions increase as foot-print becomes wider.
- Threaded 12mm Rods are used in all main supports structures.
- All poles use anti-split plates.
- Thatch structure is varnished giving it an immaculate appearance.
- Ridging is to be of Fiberglass used or cemented as an optional alternative.
- Additional alternatives account for animal figure imprints,
We take pride in our work and enjoy executing our services with a smile no matter how small or big of the project. We have base in Sterkfontein in the West Rand of Gauteng and cover the whole of the Gauteng. We are also equiped to execute work outside the Gauteng, please use our "enquiries section page" ..